Website Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing or using this wwebsite you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. By agreeing to these Terms you are concluding a legally binding contract with Serve Your City LLC, a limited liability corporation headquartered in Charleston, SC. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
- Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Serve Your City’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Serve Your City’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Serve Your City at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
Responsibility for Your Content
You alone are responsible for Your Content, and once published, it cannot always be withdrawn. You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable. You represent that you own, or have the necessary permissions to use and authorize the use of Your Content as described herein. You may not imply that Your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by Serve Your City.
You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, Your Content contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory; violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; exploits or otherwise harms minors; or violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
Our Right to Use Your Content
We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and other media platforms. As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sublicensable, transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. Please note that you also irrevocably grant the users of the Site and any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of the Site and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against Serve Your City and its users any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content. By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform and display, reproduce, distribute, modify, translate, remove, analyze, commercialize, and prepare derivative works of Your Content.
As between you and Serve Your City, you own Your Content. We own the Serve Your City Content, including but not limited to visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, including, but not limited to, our compilation of User Content and other Site Content, computer code, products, software, aggregate user review ratings, and all other elements and components of the Site excluding Your Content, User Content and Third Party Content. We also own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (“IP Rights”) associated with the Serve Your City Content and the Site, which are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. As such, you may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the Serve Your City Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to the Site and the Serve Your City Content are retained by us.
Serve Your City and its licensees may publicly display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with Your Content. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
User Content (including any that may have been created by users employed or contracted by Serve Your City) does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Serve Your City. We reserve the right to remove, screen, edit, or reinstate User Content from time to time at our sole discretion for any reason or no reason, and without notice to you. For example, we may remove a review if we believe it violates our Content Guidelines. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of Your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Your Content.
The materials on Serve Your City’s web site are provided “as is”. Serve Your City makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Serve Your City does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Serve Your City or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Serve Your City’s Internet site, even if Serve Your City or a Serve Your City authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Serve Your City’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Serve Your City does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Serve Your City may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Serve Your City does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Serve Your City has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Serve Your City of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
- Governing Law
Any claim relating to Serve Your City’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of South Carolina without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
We strictly enforce our guidelines to ensure Serve Your City users feel confident that when they leave a company review on Serve Your City they can do so anonymously and voluntarily.
House Rules for User Reviews
- Each employee may only leave one review per job position about a single employer per every six months
- Employees may not create separate accounts to leave reviews for one company (e.g. employees cannot leave more than one review by creating multiple accounts under different names).
- Employees cannot leave reviews on behalf of other employees (e.g. John cannot leave a review on behalf of Jill.).
- When an employee or job candidate leaves a review, it must represent their own unedited opinion, without coercion by the employer. Employees should use their own personal device (whether employer provided or not) to leave a review, and should not use a shared, employer provided device that could be accessed by the employer. At Serve Your City, user anonymity and data integrity is paramount, and we encourage users to report any attempt by employers to coerce employees to leave an unauthentic review.
- Employees cannot ask friends, family members or anyone else to write reviews of a company or an interview on their behalf.
- Employees cannot solicit others to write reviews in exchange for any kind of incentive (e.g. financial rewards or gifts).
- Reviews should be positive or constructive and must follow our Review Guidelines
Provisions Applicable to Employers
Posting Jobs on Serve Your City. You may not post any job ad that:
- Does not comply with the applicable laws or regulations of the state and country where the job is to be performed, including laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use and intellectual property;
- Contains false information or solicits employees by intentional misrepresentation, such as, misrepresentation of the terms of employment, the hiring entity, or the identity of the poster;
- Requires an application fee or up-front or periodic payments; requires recruitments of others; resembles a multi-level marketing scheme, franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership”, distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement; or only pays commissions (except where the listing makes clear that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling);
- Involves any screening requirement where such screening requirement is not an actual and legal requirement of the advertised position;
- Contains any logo or brands, or link to website, other than your own or those of any entity for which you are authorized to submit job ads;
- Contains multiple job openings in a single job ad (unless you’ve purchased a service that permits this);
- Discriminates against applicants on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other ground(s) prohibited by applicable law, in each case as determined in Serve Your City’s reasonable discretion.
Reviews on Serve Your City
Employers can ask employees to write a company review on Serve Your Cit. However, employers may not coerce employees to do so by offering any kind of incentive (e.g. financial rewards or gifts). In addition, they cannot ask employees to show them the review, or require employees to write the review from within the office or on shared company equipment. You may not trade reviews with other employers. We will remove reviews where we have evidence that users were compensated to leave reviews.
Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
This provision applies to all advertisers, including employers who purchase Job Ads or display ads. Unless we agree otherwise, you may not use or otherwise process data collected or derived from ads (“Ad Data“) for any purpose (including retargeting, building or augmenting user profiles, allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags, or combining with data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns) other than to assess the performance and effectiveness of your campaigns on an aggregate and anonymous basis. You may not, and you may not permit a third-party to, transfer or sell any Ad Data to, or use Ad Data in connection with, any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other party not acting on behalf of you and your campaigns. You may use information provided directly to you from users if you provide clear notice to and obtain consent from those users and comply with all applicable laws and industry guidelines, including those applicable to data protection.
Except as specifically stated in another agreement we have with you, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of Serve Your City and these Terms supersede all prior proposals, negotiations, agreements, and understandings concerning the subject matter of these Terms.